Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Mold is a fungus that can grow on just about any organic material, as long as there's moisture. Mold is not a problem outdoors; it plays an essential role in decomposing leaves and other plant matter. But when mold starts growing indoors, it can cause all sorts of issues.
Mold is more likely to grow in homes or buildings with water damage because moisture is necessary for mold growth. Mold can start growing within 24-48 hours of water damage, so it's essential to act fast if you think you have a water or mold problem.
Contacting the professionals at SERVPRO of Barrow County is the best action to take when your property has mold damage. Our team of certified mold remediation experts will come to your property and assess the situation, determine the extent of the mold growth, and develop a plan to safely and effectively remove it. We'll also work with you to help prevent future mold growth.
SERVPRO of Barrow County uses high-tech equipment to help identify hidden mold and moisture sources to ensure thorough mold remediation. So, if you think you might have mold in your home or business, don't wait - call SERVPRO of Barrow County today.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (706) 549-1933
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Barrow County?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We are trained mold damage specialists who get started quickly to get your home or business back to normal, with specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our advanced equipment helps to detect and stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (706) 549-1933
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Barrow County is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property. We are proud to be an active member of the Winder community and want to pitch in and help make our community the best it can be.
When a major storm or event occurs, we can call upon our national network of 2020 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams if we need additional resources or personnel.